[Newspoetry] OK, I got the free email service working

editor at ASSOCIATEDPOETS.ORG editor at ASSOCIATEDPOETS.ORG
Wed Feb 13 21:56:19 CST 2002

.. the catch is that it asks you for lots of demographic information when you sign up, and then it asks you if you want to be sent advertising on a wide variety of topics.  You can just un-check all of that stuff.

Also it looks like the free service is web-based email only, and yes, it does have banner ads.

So it may be too much advertising to deal with just to have an email address that ends with associatedpoets.org, but hey, if it works I might spring for POP3 access and then it's all good.

Mostly I'm just doing this for yucks.  If we're going to call ourselves Associated Poets, we might as well add to that aura with suitable email addresses.  It's all about branding ...
--
Associated Poets
associatedpoets.org