[Newspoetry] Here's a list of funny words

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Fri Feb 15 06:08:45 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Robert Porter wrote:

> I don't know what the point of this page is, but one could use it to
> jumpstart the imagination while writing newspoetry ...
>
> http://www.compapp.dcu.ie/~fintan/CA213/test_sets_proj3/Unsorted_10000.txt

Yeah, that was funny as shit.  501 screens on my web browser (lynx) of
nothing but single words, in a long list down the left side of the page.
Needless to say, a few of them I never heard of, like "assai".

I don't know how you guys FIND this stuff.

The newspoetry server seems to be inaccessible at the moment, by the way.

John