[Newspoetry] tshirt design

Chris Piuma piuma at flim.com
Wed Feb 20 18:34:11 CST 2002

Just before being eaten by wolves, Editor-Within-Chief <futrelle at shout.net> said:
> OK, here's the current tshirt design:
>
> http://www.newspoetry.com/t-shirt/t3_front.jpg
> http://www.newspoetry.com/t-shirt/t3_back.jpg
>
> Here are some suggestions:
>
> front:
> - increase font size of the slogan "all the news that rhymes". (any other ideas for which slogan we should use?)
> - greatly increase font size of "www.newspoetry.com".

I think the front looks great (even though I don't see any of my meager contributions there -- perhaps I'm missing them, but either way, it's all right ;-). And I don't think I'd make "www.newspoetry.com" any bigger. You might want to put a discrete ".com" in the header, though (perhaps between the descendants of the p and the y?).

As for the slogan -- the rhyming thing is a bit misleading, but none of the other slogans seem pithy enough. "All the feet that print the news"? A bit obscure. "All the news that's ready-to-wear"? "All the news that's one-size-fits-all"?

"Your daily dose of news in verse"? "News from the Muse"? "All the news that fits the Muse"?

Bah. There's a reason I don't write copy for a living ;-)

> back:

Maybe it should be the sans-serif font used on the front? Times (or whatever font that is) looks a little cheezy at bigger point sizes.

Although, actually, I'd probably just leave the back blank. Though perhaps that's just me: I get a bit paranoid when I have writing on my back. It's as if it were a "kick me" sign. If people are reading my shirt, I want to see it.

And, anyways, if they don't get an idea of what newspoetry.com is all about from -- jeez, from the URL! -- but from the front alone, then they'll be all that much more driven to go to the website. Leaving a bit of mystery to it all seems like a good thing.

But perhaps I am coy like that.

--
Chris Piuma, etc.
http://www.flim.com