[Newspoetry] PAUL KOTHEIMER plays music in a BAR

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Thu Jan 3 01:59:29 CST 2002

hi folks (and we do mean FOLKs)

you're cordially invited to see Paul Kotheimer play music in a bar.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 5th
at the EMBASSY TAVERN

The Embassy Tavern is a friendly spot located on Race between Elm and Main
in beautiful Urbana.  Urbana is a friendly spot located near I-57 and I-74
in Central Illinois. Central Illinois is sometimes friendly and sometimes
not.

Rumor has it that PK will be opening for the boistrously kickass
songstress Dawna Nelson, and that Dawna and her crew might just cover
"Everybody Smokes in Hell," a composition from the inevitable and
illegible (sorry, that's "inimitable and innumerable"--Ed.) Paul Kotheimer
songbook.

Also, by the way, this will be the last official booking by Urbana's
favorite Serious Folking Musician before he faces the reality of
parenthood.  The baby is due February 2nd, but it could conceivably
(pardon the pun) plop down into this world any day now.  So, on the night
of the gig, we'll be starting up a BABY POOL-- You know, where you place
your bets on date and time of birth, biological sex, weight, and,
um...handedness. Keep in mind, on that last one, that both Mom and Dad are
southpaws.

Free Kotheimer CD's from the Hand-Made Record Label go to the
winners of the pool.  ...And if ya can't make the show, just reply to this
e-mail with your BABY POOL bets and psychic predictions.

Happy New Year, and hope to see you at the Embassy on January 5th.
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com

c/o the School for Designing a Society
409 North Race Street