[Newspoetry] newspoetry newspoem

the Cat aristomenus2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 01:39:43 CST 2002

please place my poem on the newspoetry site...thank
you.

Title:  Smart at News & Politics, Dumb at
Relationships
By:    the Cat

TO MINI-ME NADER:
How can someone read the news  three times a day, be
an activist, environmentalist, and
protest social abuses, yet be so oblivious?
How can someone be involved in global social issues
with such great dedication, yet miss the things most
people would consider so simple?
How can someone be so self-assured and proud and
consider themselves humble?

The things you say matter and hold more than the
individual words contain,
Even so, you don't see it and you don't get things
even when i explain,
Your perception of things is driving me insane, you
say im jealous,
Even if it isn't what you meant- you said it, and the
words contain logic and meaning,
you wouldn't ask it unless you thought it to be,
wouldn't ask how much something was if you expected it
to be free,
you wouldn't ask if i was jealous of you unless you
thought yourself better than me,
so busy now that somehow he refuses to see,
did not mean to be such a distraction from the
important things.

How can someone's focus get so narrow that they miss
the simple things?
And even a bigger question, why am i posting my
thoughts on newspoetry?
Because i know he listens to the news better than he
listens to me.

(pssstt....ask Nader what he thinks....)

Sincerely,
        The Cat
"happiness is found within the simplest things....not
skyscrapers, not money......everyone deserves at least
the simple things in life. If we miss the simple
things, how can we adequately grasp the complex?"