[Newspoetry] 20 Consonant Newspoems

ADrummond at slv.vic.gov.au ADrummond at slv.vic.gov.au
Sun Jul 28 18:37:33 CDT 2002

Hi!
William Gillespie passed on the URL of Newspoetry to me.
I'd like to respectfully submit the following topical 20 Consonant poems to
you. (Rules of 20 Consonant Poetry can be found at   www.spinelessbooks,com
) None, except the first, are tied to specific events - more in the realm
of general commentary. So feel free to save them up for an otherwise
newspoem free day.

Let's hope you never need to use this first one.

1)  G.W.Bush (ex oil team fave) nuked Iraq.
        ZAPPP!
                     (?juice?)

And to get away from the North American bias:

2)    J Howard PM is like a cabbage nazi. Quite fey vox.
[Note: John Howard is Australia's current reactionary Prime Minister
("PM"). I've known for a long time how evil he is, but it took the
discipline of 20 Consonant Poetry to discover his true "cabbage-nazi-like"
nature.]

and finally

3) Basque Freedom no joke while ETA gave cozy pax.
[Note: ETA is the Basque Seperatist Terrorist/Freedom Fighting Army.
They've recently been considering a cease fire, "cozy pax"]

Anyway, keep up the good work. I plan to check out the site regularly for a
dose of topical poetry.
Cheers,
Al Drummond.