[Newspoetry] Mike Lehman reports profits down

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Tue Jun 18 14:01:44 CDT 2002

How naive you are, my child.  Haven't you learned anything from the Enron
scandal?  Mike cashed in his stocks, *then* revised his revenue numbers
down to keep the SEC off the trail of his Cayman islands partnership
scheme, code-named "Lando Calrissian".  So now he's swimming in cash along
with his close personal friend Martha Stewart.

At 01:50 PM 6/18/2002 -0500, Robert Porter wrote:
>Joe, are you nuts?  Look how much his net income has dropped!  Why, I bet
>he'll have to give up the townhouse in Gstaad, at the very least.
>Seriously, Mike, if you need anything, like jet fuel for the Lear, I'm sure
>all of us Newspoets would be willing to chip in.  $$$ :) $$$
>
>-- Bob
>

>on 6/18/02 1:17 PM, Editor-Within-Chief at futrelle at shout.net wrote:
>
> > http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/18/business/18CND-LEHMAN.html
> >
> > "For the three months ended May 31, Lehman reported net income of $296
> > million, or $1.08 a share, down from $430 million, or $1.38 a share, a year
> > earlier. Revenue excluding interest expenses fell 15 percent, to $1.7
> > billion."
> >
> > Wow, Mike, you are really raking it in!  Can you spare a little for a
> > newspoetry editor in need?  I'm not interested in stock options, though. ;)
> >

> > --
> > Joe Futrelle
> > editor-within-chief
> > http://www.newspoetry.com/