[Newspoetry] resurrection

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 27 12:04:57 CST 2002

The T-shirt design is done -- I just need to call around to some screen
printers.  So I'm the one dragging my heels.  Fortunately, it's not T-shirt
weather yet here in Urbana ...

At 10:31 AM 3/27/2002 -0600, Jay Morris wrote:

>1) Whatever happened to the Newspoetry t-shirts? Were they made? Can we sell
>them at the IMC?
>
>2) The writing below was the result of substance abuse (a caffeine overdose)
>and thus should probably be stricken from the records.
>
>jay
>

> > "It's a beautiful day in Champaign.  The temperature here is 78 degrees
>and
> > the local time is 12:08.  We'll be landing in a few minutes folks, if
>you'll
> > look to your left and right, you'll notice that everyone around you is
>much
> > younger than they were in Boston.  We ask that you keep your seatbelts
> > fastened and keep all compacts and hand mirrors safely stowed until the
> > plane reaches the terminal."
> >
> > When the plane landed, I was so psyched about my younger image in the
> > airline's hand mirror (fifteen bucks and totally worth every penny!) that
> > didn't even realize that the coffee stains that got all over the seat in
> > front of me from, like, the crazy turbulence, were gone.  In fact, my wife
> > didn't even ask why I was wearing 'retro' 80's-style clothes until we got
> > out to the car.  I was like "these threads are totally awesome, dude!".  I
> > wasn't too sure where that came from, but soon I was, like, saying a whole
> > bunch of, like, outdated and annoying cliches, and some stuff I'm like, so
> > sure I never even said in the 80's.  My wife eventually left me and ended
>up
> > backing out of the driveway and, like, totally running over our dog that
> > they ressurected a couple years ago.
> >
> > The researchers (who were funded by the airline industry.  duh!) said they
> > didn't find any evidence that their 'anti-aging' flights could, like, have
> > an effect on your personality.  But, like, if that's true, then why am I
>so
> > totally into Def Leppard all of a sudden? I think something got, like, all
> > screwed up or something.
> >
> > So ... your honor? ... that's why I'm asking for, like, a whole bunch of
> > money to, like, offset this, like, totally terrible turn of events in my
> > life.
> >

> > jay

Joe Futrelle            http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/People/futrelle
Scientific Data Technologies, NCSA/UIUC       ph  (217) 265-0296
605 E. Springfield, Champaign IL 61820        fax (217) 244-1987