[Newspoetry] First We Take Manhattan...

Isidor isidor at videotron.ca
Wed May 22 08:02:33 CDT 2002

...Then We Take Berlin

People all over the world are suddenly awakening and coming to the stark
realization of the huge deception perpetrated at their expense. They are
simultaneously welcoming the feeling of exhilaration in coming together
at this momentous time in history when the people take back their power
from the empire of corruption that has been stifling their aspirations
for centuries. Especially since 1963 when JFK was...<<<tears>>>

BERLIN - AP Resistance is flaring up against George W. Bush's visit to
Europe. Hundreds of millions of people are planning to rise up against
the US government's [sick] appalling human rights record, their "whore
on terror" their disregard for international agreements and their utter
and relentless distortion of reality
to suit their greedy agenda.

Moreover, they are arresting Bush as one of the most dinosaurian
representatives of Neanderthal neoliberal crapitalism, which is tied
to bad business and is spread around the globe by lies.

In the German capital Berlin, protests started with a 700,000-strong
peaceable demonstration on May 22nd. More demonstrations and a
spectacular variety of autonomous actions are planned for Thursday and
Wednesday, while twice as many unplanned eruptions of suddenly awakening
people,  Bush refuseniks, lucid dreamers of all stripes, colors, races,
hairstyles, fragrances, costumes...including multiply talented people
from a huge contingent of countries and continents, from Japan and Italy
to alpha-centauri, and a few other places in between.

smallest deployment of police since the JFK assassination. A small but
unpleasant band of city scoundrels calling themselves the city council,
and a well organized crime syndicate calling itself the federal
government have made clear that where the *comfort* of a US Whitehouse
President is concerned, the people's civil rights come second but the
people just don't give a flying fuck about the *bomfart*...I mean
comfart...oh....sorry, comfort (there I finally got it) of a White Trash
Gun Nut House pResident like George W Butsh the second. So there.

Isidor, for AP (Associated Poets)

 First We Take Manhattan...Then We Take Berlin

"...They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
    For trying to change the system from within
    I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them
    First, we take Manhattan
    Then we take Berlin..."

 - Leonard Cohen

For the rest of the song:
http://home.t-online.de/home/volker.poehls/cohen.htm

First We Take Manhattan...Then We Take Berlin
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=181848&group=webcast
http://www.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=181846&group=webcast