[Newspoetry] poem for the CIA: "unmanned"

clare c digdeeperdown at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 12:28:51 CST 2002

dear editor,
i have another poem for you to use if you like.
if you do, please list my name as "clare
christina" and change my other poem ("texas art
thieves") so that the author is me and not
"gothica mcsadpants," which is just the silly
name i had on my outgoing messages at the time.
also "thief" is spelled wrong in line 16.
here's the new one:

unmanned

i wish someone would tell me
how the cia can fly a missile over yemen
and kill 6 people just like that. who do i call
and say, 'you can't spend my tax dollars
to blow up cars from the sky.'
unmanned does not mean
no one is responsible
just that