[Newspoetry] World's Funniest Joke Discovered

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 3 08:49:50 CDT 2002

I dunno, is this really all that funny?

The Story:

The Joke:

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them
falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are
rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and
calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is
dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice, says:
"Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."
There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back
on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"