[Newspoetry] an anagram

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Tue Oct 22 01:05:28 CDT 2002

George Walker Bush =
 = abeeegghklorrsuw =
= Who rules Greek bag! =
= Hegel Burger Was OK! =
= Huge rows break leg =
= Blue shark wore egg =
= Garb Gore week lush =
= Were hags bulk gore? =
= Rough seek brew lag =
and so on it goes,
for a very long time.

(ANAGRAM = Mar a nag)
(This is not quite a total reversal,
on which totem Gillespie might speak,
as I have forgotten a name of a term for
letters that spell backwards as forwards,
and yet do not read much the same at all,
though they happen to be in same order.)

New York Times? =
= eeik mnor stwy =
= Minor wets key =
= Monkey writes =
= Monstery Wise =
= Tiny seem work =
= Won risky meet =
= Women sky rite =
= Sky write omen? =
= Mien wrote sky =
= Mien yet works =
= Or, I'm skew!  Nyet! =
= etcetera = (eat erect = teet care = tree ceta ...)

Thanks for listening,
on this boring evening,
this evening boring on toward morning,
not even borrowing its boring
on bourning boors burning Bush's burrs,
Boo rings out loud and clear
in bullish cheers in Boolean rings, Ole!
I like the sound of a repeated spelling sounding rapidly,
like the beating of a racing heart,
as if the magic of words were enough to dispel reality,
which scarcely has time to put its face on
before going out on the street, walking,
like a Hoosier hooker wearing fine hosiery,
and a red dress that every women wears,
incessantly, when she runs for public office,
EDole, HClinton, KFalk, NReagan, etc...
the Bright Red Suit is to the Public Women
as the Dark Blue Suit is to the Public Man,
boring, as I was saying, beyond boring belief.

Thanks for listening, anyways,
Donald L Emerick