[Newspoetry] January 15

Sedna sedna at myway.com
Tue Jan 21 15:02:40 CST 2003

 January 15, 2003

The Constitution he has fully shredded
And yet Bush cites it for effect
Against college quotas
Against this smidgen of justice
Because a smidgen is too much for this President “Elect”
The Constitution they told us was in his way
A relic of a bygone day
Due process and privacy
Completely dead
And yet now it seems there’s a voice emanating from a chip in his head
Telling him, against quotas, to cite the text!
What is their ploy, for this bold pretense
What are his masters planning next?
On Dr. King’s birthday, to halt a revolution
They suddenly claim to uphold the Constitution
As they operate the puppet we supposedly adore
For their terror on peace
For their endless war
The Constitution they told us, we could not afford
   For those under represented in congress and over represented in the military complex
   Those under represented in academia and over represented in the prison complex
   Those under represented on television and over represented in the detention process
And yet, he cites it, for effect.
....... Sedna