[Newspoetry] The Unknown page

Steven Bentz sbentz at pagesforallages.com
Sun Jan 26 12:14:02 CST 2003

Dear Mr. Gillespie (and associates),

Thanks much for your note. I never imagined that I'd actually receive a reply to my original email, much less one running to six pages in length. Honestly, I assumed that the posting in question was from an "orphaned" site--part of a prank created long ago and since forgotten by its author. Anyway, I gladly withdraw my (rather poorly worded, I'm afraid) request that the page be removed from the web. My concern was that it might confuse people wanting to access our website, but this, as you've so eloquently and exhaustively argued, is just our tough luck. I can say with absolute certainty that there was never any intention at Pages For All Ages of taking legal action over this thing.

Concerning your book, "2002, A Palindrome Story in 2002 Words"--have you heard back from the printer yet? When you emailed me on the 8th of January, you wrote that you thought the books would again be available early the following week. Might you have any stock yet? We've had a number of customers asking after the book, and we'd still like to do another counter display if we can. Please do let me know--I look forward to hearing from you.

Cordially,
Steven Bentz
Events & Marketing Coordinator
Pages For All Ages