[Newspoetry] Dixie Chick Redux

gavroche at gavroche.org gavroche at gavroche.org
Thu May 22 08:13:19 CDT 2003

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39251000/jpg/_39251497_dixiesap_203.jpg

None of the news articles about the ACM (Academy Country Music) awards yet
mention it, but all they could talk about on the country music station
where I live this morning was what Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks was
wearing when she performed via satellite.  Apparently it's a lot worse
than anything she's said so far.  Callers were saying they were ready to
forgive her, but **gasp***, she does this.

Follow the link to the picture from the BBC.  You can probably fill in
what you don't see behind the mic.

Considering the nubmer of times I've heard the A*word in country music
over the years, this seems a bit hypocritical.  But, who am I to judge?
Maybe this is far worse.