[Newspoetry] all things newspoetry

William Gillespie william_gillespie at brown.edu
Mon Oct 13 14:10:04 CDT 2003

Hello,

I was having trouble seeing the humor in the Schwarzenegger election,
and was pleased to see John's poem, which helped.

Here's a found newspoem from my last week's newspoetry binge:
http://www.spinelessbooks.com/newspoetry/2003/031006.html

I also would like to point out the following music video which makes me
feel all right:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/
bushblair_endlesslove.mov

I am still working on getting newspoetry.com to point to
newspoetry.org. It should happen this week. Sorry for the delays.

I think at some point the right frame of newspoetry.org was a poem with
the proper date from a previous randomly selected year? That always
seemed to yield for me uncanny coincidences that revealed the workings
of history. If that code still exists could it be linked to from the
left frame? Just a thought.

And most urgently:

Last week I saw a reading by a poet named Mairead Byrne at which she
read the following:

HEADLINES

TINY ORGASM POPS OVER BAGHDAD
PERSONS RISK GENTLENESS
WOMAN BRINGS MAN TO BRINK AS MISSILES LAUNCH
NO SEX SAYS PRESIDENT SINCE 1993
TROOPS SEEK PRIVACY TO HANDLE COCKS
STRANDED BODY PARTS WEEP
BRIT SEMEN SPARKS DESERT FLOWER