[Newspoetry] Trempealeau County up in arms

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 7 22:36:42 CDT 2003

Trempealeau County, WI (Associated Poets) --

Officials at the local public access channel here in Whitechapel are up in
arms over President Bush's speech tonight.  The raging controversy was not
brought on by the president's message, but by its timing.

"For one whole year, our kids have been getting ready for the the 4-H
Gymkhana."  said Wade Britzius, Executive director of  TCCTV, Trempealeau
County's public access channel,  "But now, thanks to the president, nobody
saw the results of all their hard work.  I'm sure they're heartbroken.  I
know I am."

Asked to comment on the situation, White House Spokesman Scott McClellan
asked, "Gymkhana?  Isn't that some sort of Muslim ritual?"