[Newspoetry] whither newspoetry

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 17 18:10:55 CDT 2003

William,

This is the first message from you that I've gotten.  Sorry you've been
trapped in newspoet's limbo.  Listserves are a great way to communicate,
except when they're not.  Glad you're back in the zone.

Speaking of something else entirely, can someone explain to me exactly
what it is to "tuck in"?  Rumsfeld has adopted this as his latest favorite
catch-phrase.  The only other time I've heard this was while reading an
article about drag queens and the stuff they have to do to eliminate, um,
bulging.  Rumsfeld can't be talking about the same thing, can he?

-- Bob

"While conservatives tell you, leave things alone and no one will lose,
and liberals tell you, interfere a lot and no one will lose, baseball says:
  Someone will lose . . . So that baseball achieves the tragic vision that
democracy evades."

-- Richard Greenberg