[Newspoetry] GREAT MOMENTS IN HOMELAND SECURITY

emerick at chorus.net emerick at chorus.net
Tue Apr 6 12:47:43 CDT 2004

"Democracy in America" would, of course, now have to be classified under fiction, although it was once deemed to have been non-fictional.  Hence, there is this big debate, in certain literary ellipses (which used to be circles but have become rather squashed (or maybe broccolied) of late), that the status fictional and non-fictional are morphically, as in anthropomorphicalibrationalism, transpositional figures of speech.  To be perfectly clear, it is a fiction that works of fiction can be separated from their alleged counterparts, works of fact.  All fictions are plays of facts, all facts are works of fiction.  It is not possible to tell, from a writing, alone, that it is a work or a play, a matter of fact or of an incorporality (~qv: ghost, spirit, demon, etc) of fiction.  Einstein founded this rule of literary Gedankenism, after Vahinger's classic suppositional thesis, What If?, which has been translated, recently, into the abridging Californiated expression "as if"...  In!
  celebration of these monumental cultural achievements, Calfornians have given new meaning to "Democracy in America" by electing Arnold Schwartzenegger, whose coming
had been foretold by the Prophet Melchior Brooks, in his oto-biography, Space-Balls, the Great American Past-a-Time.

Thanks for being incens(or)ed,
Your derridean druidean, Dean Don,
or Don Don, as say the Italians...