[Newspoetry] 50 word poem

emerick at chorus.net emerick at chorus.net
Wed Jul 21 13:39:38 CDT 2004

I enjoyed the thoughts of your poem -- it was pleasing to see Santa, Uncle Sam, and Sam (the O-ring Mascot) captured, at last.  They have been at large too long.  They have terrorized too many -- bugging them to find out who's been naughty and nice, keeping lists of enemies and friends of their administration, permitting no appeals against their clemency and self-pardon.

But, why fifty words, when 500 hundred hats, slowly morphing into the most beautiful of ultimate crowns, once bedecked the pate of Bartholemew Cubbins (aka Bart Simpson)?  A word -- like a hat -- covers and hides the head that holds it.  Conceptually, it's all conceptual.  The experience of a storm is never so real as its memory, if you survive it, with a memory in.tact and in.formed -- like a certain news station's vain promise of news.

Give me NewsPoetry, or give me a d'earth of news!

(Ooops, there's no opposition in that synonymy!)