[Newspoetry] Compulsive Behaviors, II (countersigning counterfeits authentically)

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Thu Nov 11 18:48:53 CST 2004

Countersigning counterfeits authentically

PronunCIAtion is no Catholic conspiracy
floating a raf(T) at the high water mark
of immodest majorities bent on brutality
against uppity minorities who desire
only equality, a slice of a pie au plait,
when pie is either fixed or shrinking,
as a world is collapsing or condensing,
and nothing fits, not anymore, no way.

I want my slice of sweet-potato pie,
and if you make no pie any larger,
so as not to be yourself disgorged,
well, that's a tough loving luck,
tough to advocate ownership society
when there's nothing left to own
except a mortgage, a lien, a loan.

I haven't forgotten what I never knew,
but I have the taste, now, in my mouth;
an imaginary pie is a pot-pie-eyed dream
of me as pink as a pot-bellied oinking pig:
I want my pork -- I want it on Pork Avenue.

So, I'd welcome another reading, amending.
Me?  I'd welcome a most happy ending, too,
if I were sure about the Happy Ever-After:
a Happy-Hour for ever, bubblies to guzzle,
drinks on the House, noshies on the table,
where all we'd do is drink health to a Host
whose larder cum wine cellar has no Empty.

Oh, yes, did I mention a constant screwing,
as pointless as truly fucking moments are,
when you go down on everyone at the bar,
or they go down on you, or daisy chain it,
with no one left out, when all do plug in?

The Hallelujah chorus gets noisy about then,
and drowns out anything else you might say,
such as, pronouncing "dead" such decadence,
that falls, tonally, if it falls at all,
on a silenced sea, once lost, over c-exed.