[Newspoetry] President Clinton's Heart

William at Spineless Books william at spinelessbooks.com
Mon Oct 11 20:21:25 CDT 2004

"Former President Bill Clinton's heart bypass expected today will probably
be an ordinary replumbing of his ailing heart not some new whiz-bang
robotic or keyhole surgery leading surgeons say."-Ireland Online

clinton's heart wept openly on the operating table an injection of tetra
hidro cannabinol took the edge off

so many planes in the sky 1000 american troops dead in iraq

when ronald reagan died in a rough edge of town above a boarded up
hospital shone a billboard depicting a colorful pile of jellybeans on the
sidewalk before it a pile of dogshit

president clinton's heart did they inject the news into your valves on
september 11th 2004 do you wish you could teach that john kerry to grow an
ass and blow sax did you flatline your assault weapons ban was not renewed
legislation passed in 94 outlawing instruments of mass murder a good idea
into the
ether

flagshrouded coffins conveyorbelt through your arches parts of iraq are
not secure but the twist given by deranged rhetoric escapes the
light and so without any meaning to hitch it to the solitary stanza under
glass is left no option save to publish through the screen of newspoetry
that which passes for information to those whose education gives them the
peculiar ability to calibrate information those who know those in the know
that it is too late for the left wing of the two right wing party system
and the heart of a president who read books
who like the rest of us
lied about sex and drugs
neither to inhale nor ejaculate

did we have a vision collectively of a petroleum farm rising from the
bedrock the commodity we most need to combust somehow the fox news has won
dinosaur bones and smoking stones president clinton's heart did you
willfully deceive us when you in the guise of power opened the language to
your ideas about language to your policies regarding the collapse of
structures intended to protect people from the market told in your voice
of honey if they told me i'd be nostalgic for it

i would have laughed

William

Spineless Books, Box 2458, Providence, RI, 02906 http://spinelessbooks.com
WHILE YOU'RE CHECKING EMAIL LISTEN TO ONLINE ARCHIVES OF MY RADIO SHOW
http://spinelessbooks.com/eclecticseizure/2004
Send used books and journals to prisoners
http://spinelessbooks.com/prisoners