[Newspoetry] NecroLove: NecroMancy in NecroMania

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Mon Apr 4 12:30:40 CDT 2005

<.BOP>
NecroLove: NecroMancy in NecroMania

Once upon a time in democracy land,
truth was simple, plain and clear,
truth required no reflecting mirror,
truth was wonderfully honestly grand.

There was no need for "truthout" pubs,
to tell us what was buried from view;
even burial in plain sight buries you,
up to your neck, over your head, bubs.

We are buried in trashy mountain data,
Yucca workers keep two sets of books,
two per employee, that's 2**n cooks,
if you're do truth's math pro rata.

And, then, the pseudo-complaints begin --
how the CIA whines that truth is absent
from the world where it was once found
and Ohio can't be fair election ground,
nor tally prison body counts content
as records miss missing in action men.

Oh, spyware me all you like, you fools,
spyware my computer, capture my keystrokes,
for computers lie bigger and faster jokes
for you to tell in the halls of schools.

Spying only works when truth is out there,
something that can be discovered as ground,
something that does not leap out of bound,
like kangaroos juicing up system software.

Outing truth never works out to disclose:
the once naked and the twice dead copulate;
how harlequinned mannequins screw prelates,
necrophilia bares you for its killing prose.

Here in the city of the dead lies lie deep;
they pile bodies of truth higher than high;
they stack it up, back it up, and they cry,
Oh, this fine homeland makes lies too cheap.

They eat the dead, these lovers of death,
they eat us up like curds and whey candy,
they swallow spurting creams of our youth,
leaving tombs bare, empty of haunting truth,
leaving no children behind; twisting randy
pandemonium moans, delights her fresh breath.

Damned peep-hole looking into a people,
periscopes up your butt see but empty sea,
swirling turds are reforming your liberty,
flushing truth down its peaking steeple.

In times of lies poetry needs to be out,
singing against the madness of the mad,
singing death, burial, and resurrection,
for the inevitable midcourse correction,
the one that makes us half-mad and glad,
only balance can put all evils into rout.

<.EOP>

Go directly to their home page: http://www.truthout.org

t r u t h o u t | 04.02

Army Defies Supreme Court, Illegally Holds US Citizen
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040205A.shtml

Curveball Stirs New CIA Fight
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040205B.shtml

DeLay Launches New Attack on Judges
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040205D.shtml

Government Wiretaps, Secret Searches Up 75 Percent
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040205X.shtml

Yucca Mountain Data Falsified
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040205Y.shtml

GOP Wants Photo ID for All Voters
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105D.shtml

Rageh Omaar | What Bush Needs to Know about Iran
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105G.shtml

Jean-Marcel Bouguereau | Question of Survival
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105I.shtml

Scott Ritter: Neocons as Parasites
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105J.shtml
org/docs_2005/040105M.shtml

Venezuela and Chavez Target of Bush Propaganda Campaign
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105N.shtml

Fred Korematsu, 86, Dies; Lost Key Suit on Internment
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105O.shtml

Herbert, NYT: We Can't Remain Silent
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105Y.shtml

The Pentagon's Secret Stash of Torture Photos
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/040105Z.shtml

Daniel Ellsberg: Revelations from an Insider
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/033105L.shtml

WMD Report Directly Contradicts Bush Claims
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/033105Y.shtml

Iraqi Children Fared Better under Saddam - Report
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/033105Z.shtml

Effort to Form Iraqi Government Collapsing
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/033005C.shtml

US Commander Authorized Torture
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/033005D.shtml

US Paved Way for Kyrgyzstan's Uprising