[Newspoetry] Dear Editor

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Mon Aug 1 21:06:17 CDT 2005

Dear Editor,

     I cannot begin to express my outrage at the appointment of John
Bolton as UN Ambassador.  I, and those I represent, wholeheartedly
believe that this man’s appointment is a grave erratum.  His
respectability is sham, his dour expression concealing an inner
hooligan whose abusive nature knows no bounds.  He is a wimp with an
overextended ego.  We cannot imagine putting up with such a
personality; no self-respecting member of our herd would behave in
such an puerile fashion.

     He has scoffed at the mere mention of international issues
affecting ungulates in general, and bison in particular.  When asked
by one of our representatives what he thought of UN Initiative 56a,
which would have provided medical services to ungulates in
Underprivileged Areas, he appeared to be confused and said, “Get out
of my way.” That is no way to address a representative of an
important international bloc, particularly if that representative
weighs 2000 pounds and has horns!

     In short, we will be keeping a very close watch on Mr. Bolton.
If the need occurs, let there be no doubt that we will lead a
stampede through the streets of New York.  If we must face him down
in midtown Manhattan, so be it.

Respectfully yours,

Matilda P. Baxter, Co-President
UN Committee On Reticulated Bison Affairs