[Newspoetry] Re: 3/5ths think Presidential Lying Is Acceptable...

John Newmark gavroche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:44:25 CDT 2005

On 7/7/05, DL Emerick <emerick at chorus.net> wrote:
> If the President of the United States knowingly and willfully lied to the
> American people -- about the reasons for going to war in Iraq -- ONLY 42 %
> WOULD ASK TO IMPEACH HIM.
>
> Can you believe that?

Sure, I can believe it.

I think what this may mean is that 60% of America understands Bush's
desire to have martial affairs, and are fine with his choice of Iraq.
So they don't care if Bush lied.

On the other hand, at least 60% of America, while they understood
Clinton's desire to have extramarital affairs, still are unable to
grasp why he chose Monica Lewinsky.

The fact that Clinton's choice of Monica Lewinsky didn't result in any
deaths is as irrelevant to them, as the deaths Bush's choice of Iraq
has led to.
--
John Newmark
gavroche at gmail.com