[Newspoetry] Desparation Politics of the Desperadoes.

DL Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Sun May 22 02:51:44 CDT 2005

You have to transport yourself back in time somewhat to appreciate the truly diabolical character of today's American foreign policy, as presided over by the Bush Administration.

Let us take the measure of the concept of threats to the national well-being.

There are none, quite frankly, of a military nature.  Yet, we continue to spend madly upon arms and armaments, as if there were some serious enemy regime, hidden somewhere out there, just over the horizon of current affairs.

This does not mean that there are not states in the international system that we would like to provoke enough to justify the use of our military forces agiants them.  We would like to induce certain states into suicidal postures.  For instance, we managed to make Iraq look like a grave and imminent threat to the US -- despite the almost completely fabricated case of the hard evidence for such an evaluation.

Instead, moles operating inside the major US intelligence services planted and nourished the idea that Iraq posed and continued to pose a grave threat.  So, at the advent of the Bush regimne, this phantom pregnancy had reached full term -- and had to be delivered upon...  Important hard evidence negating the proposition that Iraq was weaponless and posed no material threat was thus "weighed" against a long fabricated and carefully prepared background of "softer" intelligence that urged a view of Iraq as military potent and extremely dangerous.

Yet, our national commissions have yet to suggest how US intelligence services can avoid being co-opted and generally corrupted, like any other bureaucracy.  Every sin that has ever been charged against any bureaucracy could and should be charged against the US intelligence services -- and their nested relationships with important allies in the civilian sectors of the United States.

Yet, the Democracts are either fully complicit in this corruption of intelligence, or unwilling to take it on.  Instead, they sit upon "bipartisan" commissions that accomplish nothing but white-washings of the bureaucracy.

Similarly, the allegations of "nuclear weapons" in Korea and Iran are not -- even if true -- do not warrant the obsessive attention being given to such extremely minor matters.

Of far more importance, for example, would be questions of the GATT, of the NAFTA, of the world banking and finance issues, of teade and productivity, of the (re)distributions of wealth in the world, of the rapidly nearing total collapse of the US economy in world economics, given the sheer massiveness of the fiscal mismanagements of the Bush government.

Yet, as far as the eye can see, the US has no policy at all, regarding international economics.  Laissez faire may begin at home, but it extends to global pandemonical proportions.

None of this bankrupting of America would be possible withjout the practices of Desparadoes -- who daily distract their attention-from-disordered-deficits -- on the thesis that budgets are not sexy, and the public only likes sex, raw, live entertainment, full of bumps and grinds, frilly underwear, nudity.  Imagine Laura Bush and her girl friends like Condi(mental) Rice at Chippendale's, while Osama Bin Laden walks out in a swirling robe, that exposes his naughty bits, and then he drops his robe, revealing his bulging G-man string bikini, his dripping torso, his massive pectorals -- while the Dollar Bill Bitch, Lynn Cheney, is showing us how she earned her sobriquet.  And, then Laura and Condi go home, and jump into bed with their monkey boy, big George, menage a trois.

American foreign policy?  There is none.  They're having much too good a time fucking us all over, up there in the whore house at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

The American people have proven PT Parnum was an optimist -- for he thought there was only a sucker born every minute.  But, in truth, given the number of dumb-shits in the United States, especially all the ones who voted for Bush in the last election, I would have to estimate that birth rate as being at least twice that -- and that value pertains only to the small US population.  If the same rate extends globally, then we might estimate that something like 30+ suckers are being born every minute.

And, the more suckers born, the more there seem to be later when we count them, because so many people just go along with the crowd, which increasingly sucks.  There is also the acceleration of the underlying rate -- a more important principle than the Doppler shift -- because it explains why it is so damn hard to get rid of demagogues.

American foreign policy?  There is none.  It's all aimed at making the world unsafe, so that arms merchants may prey upon the fearful -- just as the GOP once brought us up, fearing our neighbor, and gave us the War on Crime -- so that almost every public offical had to show us that he knew how to be tough on crime (whatever the hell that was) -- and suddently, the Democratic leaders were all knee-cap breaking jerk-you-around prosecutors, like John Kerry, for instance -- a victory that had been denied the other Senator McCarthy in America's history.  (Joe, not Gene).

If I hadn't known, as well as an outsider can, some of these presidential aspirants, so closely and so well, you'd think I was a raving lunatic.   And, by the way, I will not deny that I am a raving lunatic -- it's just that I remain sane enough to know it.  People like Clinton, Bush, Kerry and company -- they have not a clue of how insane they truly are in the grand history of the world.  And, then they surround themselves with other people -- attention-starved media personnel -- who like to pretend that the people they talk about are important -- that there is an inside, to which they are privy and to which YOU most definitely are not, unless you hang upon their every word, sucking secrets out of hiding, by watching the news, as if by fresh factualness it actually amounted to any worthy kind of truth.  If Banality is the radical evil of our times, obsessional triviality is its signature news.

The enemy is within the gates -- the trojan horse is not parked in front of the walls, it is here inside us -- the Greeks will soon leap out and slaughter us, and this fucking aesthetic war, over the woman who is the fairest in the lands, will finally be over.  They'll lay waste to Troy but die in ship-wrecks, going home with their plunder.  Cargo-cultures feed the vultures circling us.