[Newspoetry] squid poetry anyone?

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 29 13:19:45 CDT 2005

I so want to write a poem about this.  Giant Squids and their cousins,
colossal squids, are just about the coolest things ever.  I could see a
nine-line poem (one for each tentacle, minus the one the unlucky squid
lost escaping from the researchers trap), based on the experience of
being huge, boneless, and the basis for the myth of the kraaken.

But I have zero time right now, so I'm just sending out squid links:

http://zapatopi.net/cephnews/colossalsquidcaught.html

http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/squid.html

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

- bobbo