[Newspoetry] The argument of me

John Newmark gavroche at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:19:59 CDT 2006

They're your words.

This was my first attempt at the form.  I think it freed up my usual
desire to be fully grammatical and syntactical in my poetry, and
resulted in some imagery I would not normally have written.  The
second stanza is in my feeling the most powerful, almost a mini-poem,
and I know I would never have written it if I hadn't been constrained.