[Newspoetry] The Incredible Lies of Donald Rumsfeld

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Fri Feb 17 21:45:42 CST 2006

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/R/RUMSFELD
Feb 17, 9:21 PM EST

Rumsfeld Says U.S. Will Not Close Gitmo

By AMY WESTFELDT
Associated Press Writer

******************************

"Our enemies have skillfully adapted to fighting wars
in today's media age, but for the most part we
 - our country, our government - has not adapted," he said.

"In some cases, military public affairs officials
have had little communications training and little, if any,
grounding in the importance of timing and rapid response,
and the realities of digital and broadcast media," he said.

******************************

The Incredible Lies of Donald Rumsfeld

Donnie says we are losing the real war,
the one for the hearts and the minds
of the people in the Muslim World.

Donnie says they're really better than we are:
it's as if they invented the InterNet,
and had been using it for centuries.

Now, Donnie, now Donnie, let me ask --
who is it, again, who's been in charge
of the US military for lo these 5 years?

I mean, even if it were remotely true
that we Americans are losing the blog war,
isn't it just possible that it's because we lie?

I mean, when liars speak, even if truly,
no one believes them, very easily or soon:
and you, Donnie, Chief of Lies, know that.

(Oh, burying this with your remarks on Gitmo,
do you really think you can get away with it --
all this lying and torturing and abuse of power?)

We're not only losing the war in little Iraq,
we're losing America's credibility world-wide:
in every nation in the world, we stand alone.

Even here in the USofA, Donnie, my boy,
even here, your government is a narrow one:
a narrow minded bunch of bigots and big guys.

MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN, DONNIE!