[Newspoetry] Grim Old Newspoetry Sadly Must Be Recycled

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Thu Apr 12 19:35:47 CDT 2007

Or, for a slant on Google, read:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/printer_021307G.shtml
Especially the last paragraph:
"Is it our destiny to become "Google-dependent?"  It is never healthy to depend
on a single source of supply, for information as for oil.  The other big search
engines are less good and no less American.  Hence, the initiative for a
European engine that is in the process of taking shape, Quaero (like Galileo
faced with GPS).  But that's a strategic alternative, not anything really
different.  I believe we must also work on another type of data structuring, or
even on several other types; to seize support from what Google leaves aside: to
take singular works and the differences between languages as our point of
departure instead of the flux of opinion and everything-English-style; to
explore the plurality of cultures per se, to structure them in a diversified
way, and to induce other kinds of searches and results.  In short, to invent."

Ah, google me up, Scotty-tissues, for my beams, nosing into snotty matters.