[Newspoetry] Notes on madness

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Sun Apr 22 20:38:09 CDT 2007

Bush steals Castro speech: contrast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_Will_Absolve_Me

with

Bush, <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/20/washington/20bush.html?th&emc=th>  on
Friendly Turf, Suggests History Will Be Kind to Him
By JIM RUTENBERG
President Bush said he would not buckle to polls showing opinion cutting against
him, and conveyed his belief that he would be vindicated by history.

(or perhaps, lacking even that much depth of historical knowledge, Bush was only
aping his buddy Blair:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20030718/ai_n12710893,

who had already aped Hitler, per
http://www.gopwing.com/articles.aspx?article=1287,

which is the oracle of the National Federation of Republican Assemblies  (the
"emblies" of an ass?)

wherein the emblious enemy speaks, emblitiously:

"There was no reason to doubt that Castro was seeking solely power, which is all
that Sinisterists do.  Fidel owned the entire collection of Benito Mussolini's
volumes on Fascism; he mimicked Hitler's "History will absolve me" speech when
Castro was tried in Cuban courts; and when Generalissimo Franco died, the
"Communist" Castro declared a national day of mourning in Cuba.")

(Similar pages: http://www.babalublog.com/archives/003812.html)

***  embly. Neologism, n. [m' bly] : the effect of an embolus; a passing of gas;
a fart

(The art of this Republican argument is that if you quote a bad man, then you
are a bad man as well.  Hitler evil, Castro quoted him, ergo Castro evil.
Blair, then Bush, also join the quoting chorus line.  Ergo, Blair and Bush evil
as well.  This is irrefutably true, so far as republican logic goes - they just
haven't the heart to apply their own logic to Bush or Blair.)

(The UN wisely says: http://www.unspecial.org/UNS634/UNS_634_T06.html: history
absolves none - it isn't their pains, and thus not theirs to forgive.)

(Also, Bush has been in this state of patent denial:  for he gave much the same
speech http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2005/12/11/2003283955)
The thrust of such a speech is, "No matter how wrong you may thank that I am, I
can always claim that tomorrow you (or your children) will think that I was
right.  Hence, what seem to be my mistakes are not mine at all, but simply
yours, for failing to see that I am right, despite all the present evidence of
my wrongness.  (Faith-based Presidencies never require nor rely upon any
evidence - reality is this dismissed and totally irrelevant, to the faith and
the faithful.))

Bush steals Goebbels speech: contrast

http://www.answers.com/topic/sportpalast-speech

1.	If the Wehrmacht <http://www.answers.com/topic/wehrmacht>  was not in a
position to break the danger from the Eastern
<http://www.answers.com/topic/eastern-front>  front, then the German Reich would
fall to Bolshevism <http://www.answers.com/topic/bolshevik> , and all of Europe
shortly afterwards;
2.	The Wehrmacht, the German people <http://www.answers.com/topic/germans>
, and the Axis Powers
<http://www.answers.com/topic/axis-powers-of-world-war-ii-1>  alone have the
strength to save Europe from this threat;
3.	Danger is a motivating force. We must act quickly and decisively, or it
will be too late;

Goebbels concluded that "Two thousand years of Western history are in danger,"
and blamed Germany's failures, in typical Nazi fashion, on the Jews
<http://www.answers.com/topic/jew> .

With Bushism claims:

1.	If the US military do not break the danger from the Eastern front, then
Iraq will fall to Muslim terrorism or into Islamism, and all of the world, even
America, will fall shortly afterwards;
2.	The US military, the American <http://www.answers.com/topic/germans>
people, and Our Allies alone have the strength to save the world from this
threat;
3.	Danger is a motivating force. We must act quickly and decisively, surge,
or it will be too late;

Bush concluded that "Two thousand years of Western history are in danger," and
blamed America's failures, in typical neo-Nazi fashion, on the Democrats.

(Always the ultimate peril justifies the most extreme claims, justifying a
commitment most irrational, per reason and fact.)