[Newspoetry] skewed politics

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Wed Dec 19 07:32:36 CST 2007

I am a self-certified fiscal conservative/social liberal.

I guarantee this from a self-evaluation of my stance on political truths.

Well, philosophical truths, which are - in this age of democracy - not at
all politically correct.

Political correctness explains things like this:
http://transylvaniandutch.com/td/archives/2247.

How disgusting and nauseating that almost all the candidates cluster in the
upper right,
between neo-fascism (most of the Democrats) and total fascism (almost all of
the GoP).

The problem of American problems - of how the people are alienated - appears
right there:
There are no true "left" wing politics, and hence the parties drift ever
more strongly to the right,
as if the American political center were way up there in the upper
right-ring quadrant.

It's not, you know.  It's not, I know.  It's not, we all know - It's an
illusion -
Caused bv the lack of political courage, a fear of representing the people,
Instead of representing the moneyed interests that displace them -
A kind of voo-doo politics, in which the rich stick pins in the people -
but as some form of acupuncture <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acupuncture> ,
to help heal us.