[Newspoetry] the top of a heap

DL Emerick emerick at rap.midco.net
Sat Feb 24 17:41:56 CST 2007

Quasi-Humorous Response of the Day

Oh Yeah.

There's an "obvious" answer, already in the plain texts of mytho-history.

There is a new higher-than-man species that is already on the planet, perhaps.

I mean, of course, the Jews.  (We Jews, so I should say.)

The evidence is clear, to me.

And the old species has been waging a war against us for centuries.

Arabs / Muslims or even Christians might be as close to us as chimps, gorillas
and orangutans are to man!

Well, you see that's not racism!

Nope.  It'd be specie-ism. (Or specious of me to say so.)

Well, it's a speculative idea.

They already say that we Jews have a gene that makes us distinct and different
from others.

But, are we - in the survival sense of the word - the news species - thinkers
and prophets and poets?

Inter-breeding with the old species? Eh, it happens. they look a bit like us -
but we have laws against incest with animals, like man.  But, perhaps, we need
some old DNA to support our emergence for awhile, say a million years or so?

We're not so faithful to those laws, anyway, or we've not been, historically,
known to practice the (DNA?) code.  We may not even yet be sure of ourselves as
the next species, after man.

But, perhaps, perhaps, we're getting there, to the top of the heap.  God knows
they've tried to wipe us out and hold us down, for centuries!

(As long as we recall we are only a step on a ladder that has nowhere to go.
except up. we might actually be worthy as successors of man -- given how low
they set the standard for humanity!)