[Newspoetry] FW: I Don't Care (or Do I?)

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Thu Jun 7 13:12:24 CDT 2007

Subject: RE: I Don't Care

IT COULD BE SAID BETTER -- HERE IS A POSSIBLE WAY:

Extremism is never justified in pursuing war.

Alternatively said, no war is justified when pursued extremely.

The primary problem of the letter of the so-called "pissed-off" woman from
New Jersey is that she has abandoned every effort at reason.  Caring always
balances our thinking about others and ourselves, on the fulcrum of God.

For instance, by her contempt for Muslims, the Islamic religion, and the
Quran, she openly declares holy war on a large segment of the world's
population.  She believes she is justified in doing this, because she
alleges "Islamic people" attacked American on 9-11.

The plainest fact of history is that she is simply far too over-broad in her
general indictment of the alleged perpetrators for their guilt.  Yes,
indeed, bin Laden and his extremists were guilty.  But, bin Laden and his
gang purport to be a very tiny sect of Muslims.  Bin Laden believed he could
rally the Muslim world to his tiny sect's extremist views by visibly and
violently attacking the people of the United States.

Well, bin Laden was plainly and absolutely wrong.  Muslims world-wide did
not rally to his cause, not back then nor do they today.  They certainly
never rallied to him in Iraq (yet we attacked Iraq anyway!).  Bin Laden's
extremism remains beyond the pale of reason, even in the Muslim world.

Oh, yes, it is true that we are ostensibly fighting a war on terror in the
world.  But, we are doing it stupidly and badly.  Wars on terrorists are a
defining cause of all civilizations that have ever been established.  All
civilizations fight those outside the laws, those who refuse to live by the
rules of civilization.  Folks like bin Laden are "criminals" because they
are criminally-minded; his ilk are OUTLAWS in every sense of the word.

But, the pissed-off lady from New Jersey presumes, quite wrongly, that every
Muslim is a criminal, even when they have nothing to do with bin Laden.  She
would make war on Islam itself.  By not caring about other people, other
than her "own", she ignores the very question of what a civilization is.
She does not care to observe and practice the vital differences between
civilization and those extremist barbarities of people who don't care!

For, truly, civilization rests on the grand and noble universal premise:
"I care about you, even when you have acted quite badly, even despicably."

This premise, said the Founders of America, is to be found in the idea that
all people were created equal, endowed in natural rights that derived from
God.  Such Rights were transnational, above all nations. No Government on
Earth could justly deny such Rights to people, nor could its Constitution or
laws ignore or violate such Rights that are far higher than any man.

What are such Rights?  Well, they are very matters that the pissed-off lady
from New Jersey has forgotten.  They are the reasons civilizations are
entitled to call themselves "civilizations".  For instance, the Right of
"due process" insists that a Government must act equally, toward the accused
as though they were innocent, until they are actually convicted of a crime,
by their peers, in open court, after having availed themselves of all those
defenses that their natural God-given rights inherently possess.  Likewise,
even when their natural Right to liberty must be restricted, while they are
in the custody of the State, upon due and probable cause, their other
natural Rights must still be duly respected.  No person may be treated badly
or inhumanely -- that is the very law of God.  It is thus also at the core
of all International Law and even of every Nation's Law, whether the people
of that nation recognize and accept such ultimate fact or not.

Why does God give such strong rights, to Man, to be free of condemnation by
other Man?  Perhaps, it was all foreshadowed when Cain slew Abel in jealous
rage over the apparent difference in acceptability between his offerings to
God and those of his brother's.  Abel cared -- he gave of his best to God.
But, Cain didn't care to give his best.  Cain evilly thought, "If I get rid
of the righteous competition, I'll look better to God because I'll be the
only game in town."  Man will always be a beast to other Man, when he thinks
he is competing for the favor of God.

(And, that is, by the way, what the pissed-off New Jersey lady does, as
well, when she mentions Jesus Christ, or the Holy Bible, as "reasons" for
her murderous, violent and inhumane treatment of Muslims.  Like Cain, she
apparently wishes to eliminate the competition for the affections of God.
But, when did Jesus ever sanction or justify murder -- did He not say,
"Whatsoever a Man thinks in his heart shall taint all his acts and ever make
his ways evil?")

Perhaps, God fully knows and understands how badly Man treats his fellow
Man.  Perhaps, only a God could fully foresee Man's inhumanity to Man, as
shown in history and news.  Just because there are bin Ladens in the world
never justifies any Man in acting like any bin Laden.  If no Man has such
rights, it follows that no Government has such Rights, as all Government's
derive their just powers only from the Rights of the governed, through their
consent to grant those rights to that Government.  As no Man possesses such
Rights, he can never consent to grant them to any Government, either.
Hence, no Government ever has lawful and just power to ignore and violate
the natural Rights of any Man.  Thus, God expects any Government to respect
the Natural Rights of every Man, if it wishes to be lawful.

The pissed-off lady from New Jersey who doesn't care thus proves -- in every
respect -- by her very substantial lacks of caring -- that she is not only
an enemy of God, an enemy of civilization, but, quite sadly, her own worst
enemy -- of the same nature as the very evil that she thinks she is fighting
-- a terrorist at heart -- willing to do any and all violence against
others.  Let us not let her evil hide in darkness behind the symbols of
America nor of Christianity, nor of any other subterfuges that Evil ever
thinks to use, to hide the ultimate evil of its extremist ways.

Evil always chants the mantra "I don't care..."  It's what Cain said long
ago, when called to account by God.  Cain said "Am I my brother's keeper,
that I should care what happens to him?"  Well, God said, "Yes, you are --
you must care for your brother as you would care for yourself."

It's time for the pissed-off lady from New Jersey to hear the voice of God.
Will you be the person to tell her that she is evil and must repent?  Tell
her that she must learn to care, or someday she will be answering the
question God ever asks, "Have you truly cared enough for my approval when
you couldn't even care for your brother and fellow man?"

WRITTEN IN RESPONSE TO THE SUBJECT LETTER BELOW.
(PLEASE PASS THIS LETTER ON AND BACK;
MAYBE IT WILL REACH THE SINNER, HERSELF, SOMEDAY.)

Subject: Fw: I Don't Care

Could Not Be Said Better

Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like it!  This is one
pissed-off lady.

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we?  Was it or was it not started
by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered
that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's
capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?  Did nearly three thousand men,
women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or
didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an
overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?  Well, I don't.
I Don't Care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring
about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi
Arabia.

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off
Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and
fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in
mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of
nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First
Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of
the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an
Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this:
I DON’T CARE.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been
humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured:
I DON’T CARE.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to
move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:
I DON'T CARE.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your
heart of hearts:
I DON'T CARE.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and
other times "Quran."  Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -you guessed it ââ,¬â?o.
I DON'T CARE!!!!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends.
Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
behavior!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.  Should you
choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed
by radical Muslims happen here in our great country!

And may I add:
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in
the world.  But, the Marines don't have that problem." -- Ronald Reagan

I have another quote that I would like to add AND.......I hope you forward
all this.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation
gone under."  Also by Ronald Reagan

One last thought for the day:
In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American
sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony
Blair's words during a recent interview.  When asked by one of his
Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in...
And how many want out."

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON, AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM.  AMEN!