[Newspoetry] DOW slumps; Survival of civilized man challenged

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Mon Dec 1 19:32:07 CST 2008

Dow Jones Industrial Average slumps to 8,149.09

Mind you, last week, with bonuses ready to be calculated (as of 30 Nov
2008), DOW was up significantly.

Everyone already knew the economy was in a recession; the "official"
announcement was late,
Like a shotgun wedding.

So, why go down big time, today?

Ah, double bonus - we blew the DOW up last week,
and now, if we blow it far enough down before the end of the year,
we can get another big fat bonus for doing nothing next year, too.

Size of average partner bonus?  About $4. million this year --- since it's
been a bad year.

Sheesh!  A guy can hardly afford to live like a King on that kind of salary.