[Newspoetry] forgotten poetics

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Fri Feb 29 11:51:10 CST 2008

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/022908Q.shtml

Democrats still reluctant to call a spade a spade; Republicans call it
"courting disaster" to end funding for a war with a cost impact of 3
trillion dollars, and no perceivable benefit to America.  Democrats should
use the 40 vote veto, refusing to allow war-funding bills to progress
through the Senate, a procedural veto the Republicans unhesitatingly use to
block almost any sensible legislation presently.

I'm so tired by bitter opposition that I forget how to be poetic.