[Newspoetry] 82% Conservative is Pinko Moderate: the Selling of the Big Lie, this time...

DL Emerick emerick at tds.net
Tue Mar 11 09:19:20 CDT 2008

Robyn E. Blumner | Why McCain Should Worry Women
http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/031008WA.shtml
In the St. Petersburg Times, Robyn E. Blumner says, "Sen. John McCain wants
people to know that he is a true conservative. The right flank of his party,
particularly blowhards like Rush Limbaugh, want to paint McCain as a closet
pinko because he only has an 82 percent rating with the American
Conservative Union. But McCain insists that his conservative credentials
speak for themselves. Believe him. They do."

The key statement is the right flank's determined effort to paint McCain
pink.

Why would they want to do that?

The answer is obvious:
It's a concerted disinformation campaign,
designed to sell one of the staunchest conservatives,
both fiscally and socially,
a flaming hawk loved by Nixon and Reagan,
himself a lover of Goldwater.

Disinformation campaigns take time to sell their lies as truth.
Here, the alleged pinkness of McCain is due to a few "maverick" votes,
But - as noted - his voting record is 85% by the Conservative Standard -
You just don't get too much more conservative than that.

Suddenly, 82% Conservative is "MODERATE".

Notice, too, the ideological ground game to capture the Political Center,
By referring repeatedly, especially to Obama, as "Liberals" -
And it is true of Obama that he has a very solid and strong liberal voting
record,
Based upon the votes he has made in the Senate,
Where there have been no liberal legislative victories in, maybe, a million
years.

Yes, Obama is painted as a liberal, Clinton too,
But neither is a liberal by any true liberal's standards,
Just by the incredibly tilted and corrupted standard,
Of what can reach a vote in the Senate these days.

Oh, there is a liberal, I think, in the Senate -
But Russ Feingold withdrew from running for President.

Everyone else in the Senate is pretty much a compromised fool,
Neo-conservatives, like Feinstein or Clinton, maybe Obama.

And, as I would remind everyone, always,
Only insanely Hyper-A persons ever succeed in politics,
People who have this incredible desire to run your life,
To ruin your life if you will not obey them -
A trait they share with all "leadership" cults of personality,
The bullies of a band of thieves.

(Oh, by the way, whenever one of the thugs we call leaders gets it,
Like Spitzer in New York, I always cheer, even if its only one of them -
But in prosecutor Spitzer's case, as with all "prosecutors",
I applaud the moment of its hubris -
though I deplore all of the prosecutors of the case.)

And, a