[Newspoetry] unrhymable nonsense

John gavroche at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:14:47 CDT 2009

There are no single words that are perfect rhymes with those words.  However.

Consider the following:
The orange door hinge.
Her bull was purple.
Don't pilfer the silver.  (Actually, I feel this is a perfect rhyme.
I think there are some purists who argue that you only rhyme one
syllable of a two syllable word.  So either silfer or pilver, but not
pilfer.)

"Month" is much more difficult.  (I wrote a kid's story, unpublished
yet, where a kid with a lisp says 'onth I knew a rhyme for month."