No subject

Mon Sep 28 13:31:41 CDT 2009

Or who that single cell may become or truly was
Since we have already been and have already known
Our past, whether we really know it or not

And whether or not we return
Or whether or not we are worthy of returning
Or simply if the next life is beyond and beautiful
Our journeys will never be forgotten
Our journeys will never be forsaken

As our hopes stretch to the days beyond
We cling to pictures and memories
Always in hope, that singular thread
That binds us in love in times of hate
When God embraces us all

And in the name of God this terror strikes
Into the heart of all civilization
When it is not in the name of God at all
But in the mind and for the name
Of the unnamed that we all know

God no, not he, though he exercises
Those same rights, those same duties
As the real God must do, not the other's,
To tend to his own garden of time
Which is need of serious weeding

While the Nations weep to water the ground
And the skies blossom in the redness
Of the blood lost whence the parts parted
And were scattered beneath the rubble
Of the fittingly named Battery Park

Which is now hallowed ground,
as much as Auschwitz and Pearl Harbor
Where other men and women fell prey
To madmen playing God in a flawed role
In the theater of man on an island stage