[Paper-column] minutes

Zoe S. zoespice66 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 15:50:32 CDT 2004

zoe g, zoe s, cordelia, ariel, aleta, john

agenda:
april article:
day of silence
homophobia in highschools, uni is okay.
central has spectrum: like GSA, only has 3 people. uni's GSA sucks as well,
leaders are straight.
centennial and urbana does no awareness raising and students are pretty
homophobic.
zoe g will write it.  would come out on the 23rd, turn in by the 16th. a
person from each school will collect what the school is doing for the day of
silence and the level of obvious homophobia. cordelia brings up outzone,
suggests people going to outzone fridays 7-9, cordelia, ariel and john (if
he can) to talk to kids there about homophobia/day of silence. will get info
to zoe g. by the 11th.
multiple articles a month
zoe g. doesn't think we could handle the work. zoe s. thinks that we have a
lot to talk about and could do individual reports. may june july and august
we will move up to doing two articles a month, if jsouthlynn okays.
next couple months
MAY: ZOE G and ZOE S will do a report on the IMF worldbank/march for women's
lives.
suicide article john, ariel and chris. if we can't do two for may we'll do
400 words for each.
may 7th-suicide
may 14th- march reports

brainstorm:
intersex/transgender/homosexuality (john)---only
voting (ariel)
summer job alternatives (Cordelia+john)--only
death penality (cordelia)--only
youth activism (Zoe s.)--only
music culture (aleta)--only
sex ed in schools (john)
segregation in c/u+school system failure (zoe s. and ariel)
gender+sexual double standard (cordelia+Ariel)
alternative fashion (aleta)--only
does DARE work? (cordelia)
food not bombs (zoe s.)--only

BRAINSTORM OTHER IDEAS.

ALL ARTICLES UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED WILL BE GROUP RESEARCHED AND DISCUSSED
AND ONE OR TWO PERSON WRITTEN. we will meet the 1st sunday of every month
and plan separate meetings if needed.

everone! approve and think of other ideas.

love,
zoe s.