[Peace-discuss] Speech by Bill Moyers

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Dec 3 13:55:29 CST 2001

*snip*

It was definitely worth reading.  Thank you, Al.  Moyers seems, however, to
be blaming pretty much only the greedy corporations.  I would add that our
elected representatives are equally to blame, or probably more.  The
corporations are merely doing what corporations are designed to do, which is
to make money for their stockholders (though I would be the first to assert
that corporate CEO's and boards of directors can behave with integrity and
still make money).  Our elected representatives, on the other hand, are
catering to the corporations rather than protecting the country as a whole,
and the Constitutional values they have sworn to uphold and preserve.  They,
our elected representatives, are our last line of defense, and could bring
the corporations into some sort of control if they had the will to do so.
Theirs is the greater shame, infamy, and treason.  And I don't use the term
"treason" lightly.

John