[Peace-discuss] Media

Barbara Dyskant bdyskant at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 10:27:47 CST 2001

Hi,

We hope we're saying this nicely enough, but it's getting very expensive to
be on the Media Committee.  Members have been incurring huge expenses (in
the hundreds of dollars) to print out the material.  These members have
already putting in a lot of time producing the material, contacting media,
etc.-- it doesn't feel right that the Media people also are paying for it.

We'd welcome suggestions on how to handle this-- including contributions.
Collections at the meetings have not been covering what we need.   I don't
want to have to curtail circulation of flyers, informational sheets, etc.,
as education of the public is at the "heart" of our mission.  However, this
expense can no longer be handled solely by the people who took on the job
of getting the word out.

On the subject, we have talked about a fund-raiser to help with expenses.
If this is to happen, we need more volunteers to step forward, including
helping to distribute flyers.   And in the interim, any suggestions or
contributions would be very welcome.

In friendship,
Barry Miller,
Vicki Ansermet