[Peace-discuss] Discussion Forum and Chat Room !

Michael Walcher solaraycer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:33:54 CST 2001

I have just created a Discussion Forum and Chat Room  for the AWARE website ( http://www.anti-war.net  courtesy of http://www.Everyone.net

simply click on "forum" at the TOP of the site and Wallah! you can now post information , comments, etc. This is great because we can have ongoing discussions < topic based for as many differing topics as we need.

I have it set up now to allow anyone to post without registering and I would like to keep it this way because it is much easier than going through the registration process, I figure will make it much easier to get this aspect of the site active.

I personally like Discussion Forums alot as they are static ( the information posted is always there, ( unlike email where messages become buried , and eventually must be deleted)

What I suggest is that we just post information and get used to the format and try and see the potential of this, I can then create more topics and further organize this as we go add more info.

basically post any ideas you have and information relating to AWARE and we will then learn the structure &what topics need created.

As for the Ad Space that is annoying at the top , We acctually have control of 50% of the ads , therefore if we can get some ad banners to display , for local stuff or want to sell ad space etc. these are our options. and will make the ad space much more pleasing.

Email me with questions and ideas if you do not want to post them to the forum and I will make the appropriate change.

Also, thereis a chat room with this also , just click on CHAT and then the chatroom will open and it is also accesible by GUEST therefore just enter a user name and Enter the chat room.

Working groups can schedule meetings in the chat room then post the minutes on the forum for instance for all to see, just a example...

Peace and Justice,

Michael Walcher