[Peace-discuss] Fundraiser

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 28 23:06:22 CST 2001

Folks, Here is a notice for a fundraiser at first glance not directly
related to our anti-war work, however the oil connection is ties
things together.  I hope to see you there.

Fundraiser

for the new

Nigerian
Independent Media Center

Poetry and Performance by Amira Davis

Delta Force  Video
Deals with the struggle against Shell Oil's exploitation of the Niger
River Delta area in Nigeria, and the repression of the Ogoni people
who live there. Includes interviews with Ken Saro-Wiwa, renowned
author and activist who was executed with other Ogoni activists by
the Nigerian Government. Introduction and discussion facilitated by
Al Kagan.

Refreshments

Friday, December 7 at 8 P.M.

Champaign/Urbana Independent Media Center
218 West Main, Urbana
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328