[Peace-discuss] Local pressure points to resist Israeli offensive

Devesh Dash dave at uofidivest.org
Sun Apr 7 18:43:40 CDT 2002

> There is a Palestinian rights group on campus, the Democratic Solidarity
> Committee (DSC), calling for UI's divestment from corporations involved in
> Israel such as weapons manufacturers, Boeing and Lockheed Martin (UI
> invests $20 million in these two), SBC Communications, Time Warner, ATT,
> and others.
>
> View information about their divestment campaign at uofidivest.org.

Actually Danielle, we are unsure when we are bringing out the refugee
camp - but it is most likely you'll see it someday this week.  It may
end up being as late as friday - just to target a lot of people.

Also friday is our weekly silent protest where we hold signs and engage
students about the occupation and Israeli violence and other issues
regarding Palestine.

Again, uofidivest.org has a full list of events for this month.

-devesh
DSC