[Peace-discuss] Re: [Imc] Please attend this, if you can!

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Tue Apr 23 00:50:40 CDT 2002

At 01:15 PM 04/21/2002 -0500, Brian Hagy wrote:

>sorry about crossposting.  this is important and so i'm sending it out to
>the various lists i'm on, requesting support.  i work with people with
>developmental disabilities, and so this directly affects the people i work
>with, as well as my own job.

[...]

>So, if available, please come out for the Public Hearing, Monday April 22
>from 4-6 PM at the Illinois Terminal Building. Let it be known that the
>state of Illinois budget can't be balanced at the expense of those who
>didn't create the problem and are at the mercy of those who did.

You must have been very successful, Brian.  I tried to go to this yesterday
afternoon, and was told that it was standing room only on the 4th floor of
the bus terminal.  They were asking people not to get on the elevators, so I
left.  I trust you'll let us know in a similar fashion if there are any more
of these public hearings we should attend?

John