[Peace-discuss] discussion please

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 7 15:29:49 CDT 2002

Jim noted that he has missed some of our conversations. In our
meetings, it seems like almost everyone agreed that our candlelight
vigil was a failure, and that we didn't get our message across. We
were clear that we didn't want that to happen again. We agreed that
some of us might want to join  the labyrinth peace walk, but that it
was certainly no substitute for our protest, especially since we
could not bring signs to it.

We do need to keep a serious focus and I think Lisa, Jim and Peter
are right that we need to focus more on that.  We should skip the
idea of calling it a picnic and parade. Maybe we should leave out
puppets and sheep and just stick serious political signs and speech.

It looks like we will not get a speaker from the Families for
Peaceful Tomorrows for the 11th, but if we did get one, that person
would be able to speak seriously about the need to protest to honor
the victims. Let's keep this idea in mind.  And yes, let's use the
slogan, "Another World is Possible."