[Peace-discuss] letter from "Why War?" [fwd]

rosemary braun braun at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 8 10:20:10 CDT 2002

Hi Everyone,

This came to aware at grex.org:

----- Forwarded message from Javier O'Neil-Ortiz <joneilo1 at swarthmore.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:40:59 -0000
To: <aware at grex.org>
Subject: a letter from "Why War?"
From: "Javier O'Neil-Ortiz" <joneilo1 at swarthmore.edu>

I'm writing on behalf of the political-activist and independent media
organization "Why War?" (www.why-war.com), a group myself and another founded
after 9/11. From September to January I'll be travelling around the United
States surveying the domestic climate, talking about the war, organizing, and
just generally making connections. It seems that many of the active guiders
of the movement that I have come across share the sentiment that, though the
Internet is a great unifier, there are still many active groups across the
country that know little or nothing directly of many other groups and what
they are doing, where things stand, what ideas are forming, what to do. So
for five months I'll be getting a taste of the unity.

Right now I'm arranging a speaking and meeting tour across the country, so
here I wonder if you would be interested in my coming down in representation
of "Why War?". I would, simply, like to come down to Urbana on my trip and
meet with you guys, partake in events and projects - form inter-
organizational relations. I look forward to your response; and take care.

In solidarity,
Javier O'Neil-Ortiz

"Why War?"
www.why-war.com