[Peace-discuss] great job, USA

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Aug 17 09:07:37 CDT 2002

A shower of death and destruction consisting of 250 lb and 500 lb
conventional explosives; land mines or submunitions that land intact then
explode with touched, with heat, with cold, with sound, or other trigger
mechanisms; depleted uranium munitions, each in reality a dirty bomb
consisting of radioactive materials dispersed by explosives; air and sea
launched cruise missiles;  grenades, bullets, and much much more are the
preferred tools of the military trade.

As a warrior who participated in two wars "Nam and ODS" and who decided
enough is enough; I can relate what happens.

B52's (my first assignment during Nam was to drop B52 bomb payloads for a
living) drop tons and tons of explosives with each pass. We planed and saw
each flight of three B52's devastate, or obliterate everything with 3 grid
square. A grid square is 1 1 Km by 1 Km.   this is carpet bombing. You can
lay your leading edge with 500 feet and then everything beyond goes away in
fire and explosions.  their is nothing selective about it.  B52's cannot
separate out any combatant from noncombatant. Bombs also sometimes do not go
of right away but lie their until triggered.

Land mines or submunuitons are designed to land intact then detonate with any
type of disturbance from man, woman, child, animal, or weather.  Some jump up
then explode- "bouncing betty" while some explode with thousands of razor
blade devices "flechettes", or even ball bearings.  It makes a real mess.
Land mines can remain for years and you can't always find nor retrieve them.
Our team worked for the under  Secretary of Defense for Environmental
Security who has responsibility for land mine removal and we never, repeat
never came up with a  viable system. that is why Jody Williams, Nobel peace
laureate, warned the world during the Athens UN / UNESCO / Child and the
Family conference and worked for years to get land mines controlled.   Land
mines rip flesh apart and maim and kill without selection.
DU leaves crispy critters and danger for years.  DU land mines, the ADAM and
the PDM, produce radioactive contamination with also same effects as land
mines.
 Then we have criuse missiles that also contain DU and explosives.   What a
mess. So whenever we go to war or an unjustified  action to overthrow a
government as in Afghanistan as planned years ago (9/11 was just an excuse)
the military does not care at all about so called collateral damage at al and
in fact plans for it. If you destroy the infrastructure and anything that
moves then your mission is accomplished.

Any one that wants to see first hand the pictures and films of war can just
ask.

And now we are about to do it once more or actually just increase the
intensity in Iraq.

We must stop the nonsense.

doug