[Peace-discuss] Vieques

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 08:42:22 CDT 2002

CALL FOR SUPPORT FROM ROBERT RABIN, PRISONER FOR PEACE OF VIEQUES

Dear Friends in Solidarity with the Struggle for Peace on Vieques:

   Warm greetings from cell #229, Unit 1-B of the US Federal Prison in Puerto
Rico. On behalf of the Committee for the Rescue and Development of Vieques, I
turn to you for help in keeping up the militant level of struggle in the face
of US Navy threats to resume bombing in September on Vieques.

   The CRDV, from its base of operations at the Peace and Justice Camp, has
an enormous responsibility as the main community organization of this
struggle. Coordination of civil disobedience and protest actions with other
groups on Vieques and with solidarity organizations in Puerto Rico; receive
and house the many people who come from the main island and other countries
to participate in the actions; provide the materials necessary for civil
disobedience and the constant protest, among other areas, means an enormous
cost each time the Navy begins bombing.

   This is a critical moment for our struggle. The Navy looks to take
advantage of the "war" on terrorism and the announced invasion of Iraq - as
well as the pro war position of the Puerto Rican government - to stay in
Vieques beyond the touted date of May, 2003. Therefore, it is crucial that
during these next maneuvers we show clearly that our people in struggle
remain firm in their militancy, through civil disobedience as the key
mechanism of this struggle in defense of dignity, life and peace on Vieques.

   Your economic support is of great importance at this critical juncture of
this beautiful struggle of an entire nation of Warriors of Light. Any
donation will be greatly appreciated. Please send cheques to CRDV P.O. Box
1424 Vieques, Puerto Rico 00765. For more info on ways to help, please call
the Peace and Justice Camp, located in front of the entrance to the Navy's
base on Vieques at 787-741-0716 or 787-741-0358.

Thanks in anticipation of your support and solidarity.

Robert Rabin Siegal

Prisoner # 20374-069